- TIME: Whenever you can
- PLACE: Wherever you are
- EVENT: Type
Typewriter Day NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)
What should I type?
- How about a letter to someone else in the typosphere?
- Got a friend with you tomorrow? Have a speed-typing contest with pangrams.
- Puzzle-masters take note: you've got an assignment due.
- There's good precedent for only showing your hands. (Barbie typewriter not required.)
- Upload your video/photo gallery/radio interview to your favorite sharing service. Tag it, if you can. Post a link here in a comment. Check out the other links that have already been posted, and then wait for the super-mega-after-the-fact-roundup-post here.
- Any public sharing service will do, as long as we're allowed to link to the content. Embeddable content would be better, but not required.
- If you have a Yahoo address and a typewriter blog, you can request to join the "Anablogger Archives" group that I administer. Please include the URL of your blog so I can sort out the real requests from the random ones. Flickr can host videos as well as slide shows, though be aware of their upload limits for free accounts.
- Most services allow you to attach keywords to uploads. TypewriterDay2011 was suggested in the comments, and I think this sounds excellent. Feel free to use a hashtag if you're tweeting, too. #TypewriterDay2011
- It's a little late now, but I think t-shirts decorated with Sholes' patent drawings would be an excellent idea. Any typospherian who is both highly creative and independently wealthy is encouraged to follow up on this. (Click the above image to jump a Sholes patent.)