Friday, June 24, 2011

"Typewriter Day" page is up

Hi all, I just finished gathering up what links and videos and photos I could find for the Typewriter Day 2011 celebration (commemoration? type-in?) Rather than make it a post, I went ahead and gave it top billing as a page: here it is.

I'm sure I've missed one or more of your videos or photos, which was purely unintentional. Please leave a comment if I missed you -- it's never too late to be added in. I tended to go for videos first, and then blog entries if I couldn't find or figure out how to pull the video out. If your computer can handle it, try playing all the videos at once to imagine what we'd sound like in one room. :-)

Thanks for participating, everyone: it was fun for me, knowing that thanks to Christopher Sholes, somewhere around the world on Thursday, there was a person sitting down at a typewriter to record footage of their hands to share on the Internet. It's an amazing world we live in.

4 comments:

notagain said...

I just finished cobbling mine together and it's up here:
http://manualentry.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewriter-day-2011.html

mpclemens said...

Got you added, @notagain, though I opted not to go for the club remix version. :-)

notagain said...

too bad, that one was the more popular of the two.

Richard P said...

I just tried playing all at once. Beautiful cacophony!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive