Saturday, July 2, 2011

Royal Aristocrat Question...

Hey folks. Still not quite sure if this is the right place for queries, but today I saw a Royal Aristocrat at an antique store, and it appeared to be in pretty good shape. Plus, it has those neato "shift freedom" keys and is tagged at a paltry $42.

HOWEVER: Whenever I typed a letter on it, the ink ribbon would pop out of the top of the ribbon vibrator even though the ribbon itself was fitted into the guides near the spools.

I'd like to pick the thing up, but if this is a major issue, I'd hate to walk away with a pain-in-the-butt repair job.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Matt said...

Chances are the ribbon was threaded wrong. Take a closer look at it next time you can. It shouldn't be an issue.

Mike Speegle said...

I actually rethreaded it. Maybe it's a tensioning issue?

Matt said...

Hmm... Could be... I guess maybe the ribbon could be getting too tight as it moves along, er, I meant, too loose. Maybe in that case maybe it has something to do with the ribbon reverse mechanism.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive