- If you're going to be in the Tacoma, Washington area on May 1, grab a typewriter and stop by the main branch of the public library. Another type-in is in the works.
- The membership seems to have stabilized a bit in the last week or so: I made an announcement on the main typewriter-related discussion boards that I know of: The Portable Typewriter Forum, and TYPEWRITERS, both run on Yahoo. There's links to them over on the left, under the "Resources" heading. That's where many of the experts hang out, especially if you have repair questions (and who doesn't?)
- Does anyone else feel like that blogroll is making you want to post more often? I'm certainly feeling the (friendly) pressure to keep my own blog updated. I'm seeing a boost in traffic, too (Blogger keeps stats, if you're into that sort of thing, which I am.) Rob at Typewriter Heaven just crossed a pageview milestone, and I bet you're all getting at least a little rise in numbers from Typosphere.net, even if it's just everyone else checking out your site. I have no problem with mutual admiration societies.
- Europe is starting to give in to the Typosphere: we're doubly represented in Switzerland and the Netherlands, and Rob is holding his own in the UK. That's five times as many members in California! (*grumble*) Who's next? We're getting traffic from nations not flagged on the map, so I know you're out there...
- Comments? Questions? Want to be added as a contributor to this blog (meaning you can post here.) What can the Typosphere do for you today?
Friday, March 25, 2011
Tacoma type-in, and other news
Here's a delightful short piece about typewriters' continuing rise in popularity, featuring Tom Furrier of Cambridge Typewriter.
Journalist Keith Sharon is looking for meaningful letters that he'll discuss in his column. Read all about it here and write to him at:...
I'm going to go ahead and get started gathering information, as it is never too early to do so. We are definitely going to have to set u...
Call for submissions COLD HARD TYPE V Margin Releases: Typewritten Tales of Transgression edited by Richard Polt, Frederic S. Durbin...
- ► 2019 (15)
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (26)
- ► 2016 (30)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (83)
- ▼ 2011 (81)