- This story has gone around the Net a bit now, but some clever builder put together a beverage-mixing "typewriter" with a clever letter display. Not strictly a typewriter, but by the time you've sipped your way through THE QUICK BROWN FOX you won't be in any mood to nitpick.
- In the pretty-but-non-functional category, a typewriter made from LEGO.
- Bill Wahl at Mesa Typewriter Exchange got a nice writeup in a local blog. More shops could use writeups like this -- not condescending, just appreciative.
- The Typewriter Movie crew is still raising funds: they recently crossed the $5,000 mark on pledges. If you haven't thrown $10 their way, why not? I'd like to see Ryan Adney's class get the screen time, personally, taking typing to the next generation.
- There's a new flickr group available for hosting your typecasts, if anyone needs a free repository to archive their hard-wrought words.
- NaNoWriMo starts four weeks from today. Four weeks! That's the blink of an eye. Will you be joining the Typewriter Brigade as we charge off, leaving a trail of double-spaced terribleness in our wake?
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Hello everyone: pretty quiet around here lately. A few news items of interest to the Typosphere in general:
Call for submissions COLD HARD TYPE V Margin Releases: Typewritten Tales of Transgression edited by Richard Polt, Frederic S. Durbin...
Here's a delightful short piece about typewriters' continuing rise in popularity, featuring Tom Furrier of Cambridge Typewriter.
Journalist Keith Sharon is looking for meaningful letters that he'll discuss in his column. Read all about it here and write to him at:...
First Annual Typewriter Arts Festival to be Held at The Greenville Drive-In Saturday, June 11 [Greenville, NY] The G...
- ► 2019 (15)
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (26)
- ► 2016 (30)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (83)
- ▼ October (9)