I never get tired of reading these articles. Here's one from The Record titled Typewriter shop keeps aging relics clicking. It seems rather common that most of the typewriter businesses added a computer and printer sales and service side.
I had a laugh when McLemore described a typewriter to someone who didn't know what one was. I've actually described is similarly to kids, minus the bit about the memory.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
OK, here are two more, kind of silly indications that typewriters are all the rage: Typewriter nails Typewriter-themed hotel room
-
Latest news: Steve Soboroff collects typewriters of the famous ( L.A. Times story including references to the typewriter renaissance and ...
-
-
You name a subject, you name a price, and Knowles writes you a poem. ... " I love typewriters, because I purchase them from antique sto...
-
Along with a slightly oily-musty-sulpher smell and the occasional half-used eraser, many typewriters come to us with a story attached. Gary ...
4 comments:
I wish the one in Chicago were still open...:( but this article is awesome!
It's funny, this other recent article also uses the title "...Keeps Relics Clicking."
We love our relics!
This is great. One day I need to make a trip to Jacksonville to the closest shop to me. Then, Stockton is not too far from my daughter so that gives me an excuse to make a trip for their 100 year celebration (maybe).
It is interesting how ever one of these articles, representing a typewriter store is saying...
"One of the last typewriter stores..." but there are more then 4 dozen articles all related to DIFFERENT typewriter stores. If you go to google maps, and type in typewriter...you get so many pointers.
I get frustrated often behind my typewriter when i make a mistake...but i blame myself, not the typewriter.
Post a Comment