Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Do you type? Do you blog? Do you dabble in that weird offspring known as typecasting ? Then you, too, are part of the Typosphere. There are ...
-
Looks like there's some interest in having a virtual Type-In over the weekend using the Google+ video chat. If anyone is interested or w...
-
Quick, before Blogger melts down again! A few years ago, I got all ambitious over on Clickthing and declared an elaborate celebration of Typ...
-
I'm going to go ahead and get started gathering information, as it is never too early to do so. We are definitely going to have to set u...
-
Call for submissions MAINSPRINGS Tales of Typewriters in the Age of AI edited by Richard Polt and Andrew V. McFeaters published by Loo...
2 comments:
Great article.
I'm even old enough to remember when things were built to last.
Built to last... I agree!!! :D
My typewriters Olympia SG 3 and Olivetti Lettera 31 were made in 1983 and 1974, respectively. And they still are working in a perfect way. The "Giantess" Olympia is my favorite model. xD
Built to break... I agree!!! :(
My computer is barely ten years old, and the C.P.U.'s components are getting screwed. My first computer (made in 1997 and bought in 2000) just lasted 17 years. In 2007, it was totally obsolete. :(
Post a Comment