Monday, July 4, 2011
"Analog Renaissance"
Typewriters get top billing in this New York Magazine story about the "analog renaissance" and "analog underground."
Labels:
in the news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm going to go ahead and get started gathering information, as it is never too early to do so. We are definitely going to have to set u...
-
Do you type? Do you blog? Do you dabble in that weird offspring known as typecasting ? Then you, too, are part of the Typosphere. There are ...
-
Tom from Life in a Typewriter Shop is featured in this local-news human interest piece . His bit starts up around the 1:00 mark.
-
-
Hi again, Typosphere. I know that Richard Polt has a repair-shop list (which I can't find at the moment, Richard?) I'm thinking abou...
4 comments:
This article doesn't annoy the crap out of you?
"There are only a few repairmen who still know how to oil a machine, replace a tired ribbon, or realign tangled keys."
Gee, I wonder how I replace my ribbons without a qualified repairman!
And 950 dollars for an Olivetti Valentine!!!!!!!!!?????? Down with this analog renaissance.
That was certainly a grumpy comment.
It is a little simplistic, implying that you need to haul down to a repair shop the moment your typebars clash. You're allowed the rage-face, Ryan.
Hear hear!
Post a Comment