... Well, new old stock (never used, made in Brazil in 1984). A batch of Facit 1740s are on offer, probably for $100 apiece + shipping. Contact Dave Streko at dmstreko@verizon.net. Thanks to Dan Johnson for providing this information and showing us his machine here. It has some very unusual features.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
-
I'm going to go ahead and get started gathering information, as it is never too early to do so. We are definitely going to have to set u...
-
Call for submissions MAINSPRINGS Tales of Typewriters in the Age of AI edited by Richard Polt, Frederic S. Durbin, and Andrew V. McFeate...
-
Hi again, Typosphere. I know that Richard Polt has a repair-shop list (which I can't find at the moment, Richard?) I'm thinking abou...
-
If I already have your address, you can just leave a comment here.

5 comments:
Heh, I wonder how many of these will end up in the Database... :D
All of them, I hope! They are large, not exactly elegant looking, but very nice machines.
I' love to have one, but my travels are eating my typewriter budget.
It appears that this machine is built on virtually the same template as my India-built Linea. I'd be interested in seeing just how close they really are under the hood.
http://typewriterdatabase.com/199x-olivetti-linea-198.2348.typewriter
It would be interesting to undertake that comparison. They look nearly identical from the location and spacing of the keyboard and controls.
Post a Comment